Thats what goes through my mind whenever I have the pleasure of being about to eat cheesecake.
Its my favorite.
Also, I love oreos and caramel.
So yeah, this was a bit too much for me to handle.
Really not any extra work then a regular cheesecake, cleanup was a bit annoying.
Make it for you, make it for a friend, take the entire thing to bed and polish it off in 10 minutes, no one will judge you.
What You Need:
Crust and topping:
Half a stick (4 tablespoons) butter (melted)
2 bags of caramel candies (werthers SOFT caramels)
a splash of milk (lol)
a pinch of salt (lol)
1/4 cup melted semi sweet chocolate chips
3 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
What You Need To Do:
1) Put the oreos in a ziploc bag and crush em till there crumbs. Rolling pin usually gets the job done here.
2) In a small bowl mix the crumbs and the melted butter so it sticks together
3) Push the oreo crumbs onto the bottom of a spring form pan, making sure its even and covers the entire bottom. Useeee ya hands. Springform pan is the one where the side comes off, it like unhooks and you can slip it off of the bottom. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springform_pan)
4) Make your caramel. Put about 25 caramels, a splash of milk and a little bit of salt in a bowl. This is gonna come out to about half a cup of caramel. Microwave it for a minute at a time, sturring after each minute, until its yummy and smooth like caramel. Usually it takes 2 minutes.
5)Pour the caramel on the oreo crust, and spread it out with a spatula. Put this in the fridge while you make the rest of the cake.
6) Now make the cheesecake!!! Put the cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar in a bowl, and mix till they combine
7) Add your eggs one at a time, mixing in between. Mix it all up for about 5 minutes, till there are really no lumps. You want it majorly smooth.
8) Pour the cheesecake onto the crust (HERES MY ENGAGED FRIEND ESTHER DOING THAT STEP CUZ SHES A SHATRA TO BE!)
9) Bake this on 325 for 65-75 minutes. I bake it on a tray with tinfoil just so the caramel doesnt drip onto my oven. Yup a whole hour and change. Once you can put a toothpick in and come out clean, your ready.
10) Let it cool for like 10 minutes, then just kinds run a knfe along the edges of the cake to detach it from the pan. Let it cool for another half an hour, then take the springform off.
11) You should really leave if for 1-3 hours in the fridge, but I dont find that step so necessary. Refrigerate for a little while, like half an hour, then top!!
12) Make caramel the same way you did before, this tome with only 10 caramels, less milk and less salt. Microave for 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once in the middle. Microwave 1/4 of a cup of chocolate for alittle more then 2 minutes, till thats smooth like the caramel.
13) Top the cake with caramel!! I love caramel so i put alot (guilty emoji). Doesnt need to look so clean, I think it looks kinda cool when its a mess.
14) Put the chocolate on top of that, and voila, done.
ITS SO GOOD.